Apple has recently announced its latest smartwatch, the Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation), at the Apple Far Out Event. The new Apple Watch SE is an affordable option that offers many of the features of the higher-end models, such as temperature sensing, improved fitness tracking, and crash detection. The new Apple Watch SE also has a faster chip, fresh color options, and the latest WatchOS 9 software. Here are some of the highlights of the Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation).
One of the new features of the Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) is temperature sensing, which allows the user to measure their body temperature and get alerts if it is too high or too low. Temperature sensing can also help track ovulation cycles, monitor fever symptoms, and detect environmental changes. The temperature sensor is located on the back of the watch and uses infrared technology to measure the heat emitted by the skin.
Improved Fitness Tracking
The Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) also has improved fitness tracking capabilities, thanks to the new S8 chip and the WatchOS 9 software. The new chip is up to 20% faster than the previous generation and enables smoother performance and longer battery life. The WatchOS 9 software introduces new workout types, such as Tai Chi, Pilates, and Dance, as well as more metrics and motivation features. The new Apple Watch SE also supports Apple Fitness+, a subscription service that offers personalized and interactive workouts from world-class trainers.
Another new feature of the Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) is crash detection, which is also available in the Apple Watch Ultra and Series 8 models. Crash detection can sense when the user has a hard fall or a car accident and automatically call emergency services and send a message to emergency contacts. Crash detection uses the high-g accelerometer and the high dynamic range gyroscope to detect sudden movements and impacts.
The Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) also has many other features that make it a versatile and convenient device. Some of these features are:
- A Retina LTPO OLED display that can reach up to 1000 nits brightness
- A water resistance rating of 50 meters under ISO standard 22810:2010
- A second-generation optical heart sensor that can monitor heart rate and rhythm
- An always-on altimeter that can measure elevation changes
- A compass that can show direction and orientation
- A noise app that can alert the user when the noise level around them is too high
- A cycle tracking app that can log menstrual cycles and fertility windows
- A medications app that can remind the user to take their pills
- A home app that can control smart home devices
- A camera remote app that can use the watch as a viewfinder for the iPhone camera
- A wallet app that can use Apple Pay and store IDs, keys, and boarding passes
- A Siri app that can perform various tasks by voice commands
- A find devices app that can locate iPhones, Air Pods, Air Tags, and other devices
- A family setup feature that can connect multiple watches to one iPhone
The Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) is a powerful and affordable smartwatch that offers many of the features of the higher-end models. The new Apple Watch SE has temperature sensing, improved fitness tracking, crash detection, and more. The new Apple Watch SE also has a faster chip, fresh color options, and the latest WatchOS 9 software. The Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation) has been priced at $249 in the US. This price is only for the body of the Apple Watch SE (2nd Generation).