Canon is one of the leading brands in the camera industry, offering a range of products from entry-level to professional models. The company has been expanding its mirrorless lineup with the EOS R series, which uses the RF mount and offers superior image quality, performance and versatility. The EOS R series currently consists of six models: the EOS R, EOS RP, EOS R5, EOS R6, EOS R7 and EOS R10. The EOS R10 is the latest addition to the series, launched in September 2023 as a compact and affordable APS-C camera for beginners and enthusiasts.
However, there have been rumors circulating online that Canon is working on another mirrorless camera that will be positioned above the EOS R5 and R6, and will target the high-end market. This rumored camera is dubbed as the Canon R10K, and it is said to have some impressive features and specifications that will make it a formidable competitor to other flagship cameras from Sony, Nikon and Panasonic.
Rumored Features and Specifications
According to various sources, the Canon R10K will have the following features and specifications:
- A full-frame sensor with 60 megapixels of resolution and 8K video recording capability
- A new Digic X+ processor that will enable fast and accurate autofocus, high-speed continuous shooting and enhanced image processing
- A 5.76-million-dot electronic viewfinder with 120Hz refresh rate and eye tracking
- A 3.2-inch vari-angle touchscreen LCD with 2.1 million dots of resolution
- A dual card slot that supports CFexpress Type B and SD UHS-II cards
- A magnesium alloy body that is weather-sealed and dust-resistant
- A built-in flash and a hot shoe for external accessories
- A 5-axis in-body image stabilization system that works in conjunction with optical stabilization in RF lenses
- A new battery that provides longer battery life and faster charging
- A range of connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB-C, HDMI and microphone/headphone ports
Expected Release Date and Price
The Canon R10K is expected to be announced in early 2024, possibly around the time of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) or the CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show. The camera will likely be available for pre-order shortly after the announcement, and will start shipping in the first quarter of 2024.
The price of the Canon R10K is not yet known, but it is speculated that it will be around $4,000 USD for the body only, or $5,000 USD with a kit lens. This would make it more expensive than the EOS R5 ($3,899 USD) and the EOS R6 ($2,499 USD), but cheaper than the Sony Alpha 1 ($6,499 USD) and the Nikon Z9 ($5,499 USD).
The Canon R10K is a rumored high-end mirrorless camera from Canon that will offer some impressive features and specifications for professional photographers and videographers. The camera will have a 60-megapixel sensor, 8K video recording, a new Digic X+ processor, a 5.76-million-dot EVF, a dual card slot, a 5-axis IBIS system and more. The camera is expected to be announced in early 2024 and will cost around $4,000 USD for the body only. The Canon R10K will be a worthy addition to the EOS R series and will compete with other flagship cameras from Sony, Nikon and Panasonic.