Are you looking for a web browser that is fast, secure, and tailored for the Indian audience? If yes, then you might want to try Jio Pages, a new web browser from Jio Platforms, the digital arm of Reliance Industries. Jio Pages is a made-in-India web browser that claims to offer a privacy-focused and personalized browsing experience. In this blog post, we will review Jio Pages and see what it has to offer.
What is Jio Pages?
Jio Pages is an Android web browser that is built on the Chromium Blink engine, which is the same engine that powers Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and other popular browsers. Jio Pages was launched in October 2020 as a rebranded version of Jio Browser, which had over 14 million downloads at the time. Jio Pages is available for free on the Google Play Store and can be installed on any Android device.
What are the Features of Jio Pages?
Jio Pages boasts of several features that make it stand out from other web browsers. Some of these features are:
- Language Support: Jio Pages supports 10 different languages, including English, Hindi, and eight regional languages such as Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, and Bengali. Users can choose their preferred language and get customized content feed based on their state.
- Incognito Mode: Jio Pages has a unique incognito mode that allows users to protect their private browsing with a password, pin, or biometric authentication. Users can also bookmark websites in incognito mode and access them later with their credentials.
- Ad Blocker: Jio Pages has a built-in ad blocker that blocks annoying ads and pop-ups that hamper the browsing experience. Users can also whitelist websites that they want to support by allowing ads.
- News Tab: Jio Pages has an integrated news tab that provides users with curated news from various categories such as tech, sports, entertainment, politics, etc. Users can select their favorite categories and get relevant news updates.
- Do Not Track Mode: Jio Pages has a do not track mode that prevents websites from tracking users’ online activities and collecting their personal data. Users can enable this mode to enhance their privacy and security.
- Interface: Jio Pages has a simple and user-friendly interface that allows users to easily navigate through the browser. Users can customize the browser’s theme with various colors and backgrounds. Users can also pin their frequently visited websites on the home screen for quick access.
- Download Manager: Jio Pages has a download manager that helps users to download their favorite media content and files easily. The download manager categorizes the downloads based on their types and shows the progress and status of each download.
How Does Jio Pages Compare with Other Web Browsers?
Jio Pages is a relatively new web browser that competes with other established web browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, etc. Here are some of the pros and cons of Jio Pages compared with other web browsers:
- Jio Pages is a made-in-India web browser that caters to the Indian audience with its language support and content feed features.
- Jio Pages is a privacy-focused web browser that offers users various options to protect their online privacy and security.
- Jio Pages is a fast and lightweight web browser that offers smooth performance and low battery consumption.
- Jio Pages is an Android-only web browser that is not available for other platforms such as iOS, Windows, Mac, etc.
- Jio Pages is based on the Chromium Blink engine, which means it shares some of the drawbacks of Chromium-based browsers such as high memory usage and lack of customization options.
- Jio Pages is still in development and may have some bugs and glitches that affect its functionality and stability.
Jio Pages is a promising web browser that offers a lot of features for the Indian users. It is fast, secure, and personalized. It also supports 10 different languages and provides curated news updates. However, it also has some limitations such as being Android-only, being Chromium-based, and being still in development. Therefore, it may not be suitable for everyone’s needs and preferences.