LG is one of the leading brands in the TV industry, offering a wide range of models with different technologies, features, sizes, and prices. Among its latest products are the LG QNED TVs, which are the first TVs to use Mini-LED technology in combination with quantum dot and NanoCell technologies. But what is Mini-LED technology, and what are the advantages of LG QNED TVs? In this article, we will explain what LG QNED is, how it works, and what it can offer to TV consumers.
What is Mini-LED Technology?
Mini-LED technology is a new type of backlighting technology that uses thousands of tiny LEDs (light-emitting diodes) to illuminate the LCD (liquid crystal display) panel. Unlike conventional LED TVs that use hundreds of large LEDs, Mini-LED TVs use up to 30,000 small LEDs that are 40 times smaller. This allows for more precise control of the brightness and contrast of each pixel, resulting in better picture quality.
Mini-LED technology also enables more dimming zones, which are the areas of the screen that can be independently dimmed or brightened according to the content. More dimming zones mean more accurate local dimming, which reduces light leakage and improves black levels. LG QNED TVs have up to 2,500 dimming zones, which is much higher than conventional LED TVs.
What is LG QNED?
LG QNED is the name that LG has given to its new line of TVs that use Mini-LED technology. The name stands for Quantum NanoCell Emitting Diode, which reflects the three key technologies that LG QNED TVs combine:
- Quantum Dot: This is a layer of nanocrystals that filter the light from the Mini-LED backlight and produce pure and vibrant colors. Quantum dot technology can cover up to 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, which is the standard for digital cinema and HDR content.
- NanoCell: This is a layer of nanoparticles that filter out unwanted wavelengths of light and enhance the color accuracy and contrast. NanoCell technology can also reduce color distortion at wide viewing angles, which is important for large-screen TVs.
- Emitting Diode: This refers to the Mini-LED backlight that provides high brightness and contrast levels. Emitting diode technology can also support high refresh rates up to 120Hz which is beneficial for gaming and fast-moving content.
What are the Benefits of LG QNED?
LG QNED TVs offer several benefits for TV consumers, such as:
- Picture Quality: LG QNED TVs deliver stunning picture quality that rivals OLED TVs. They have high brightness levels up to 3,000 nits, which is ideal for HDR content. They also have high contrast ratios up to 1,000,000:1, which create deep blacks and vivid colors. They also have wide color gamuts and accurate color reproduction, thanks to quantum dot and NanoCell technologies.
- Performance: LG QNED TVs are powered by LG’s latest processors, such as the Alpha 9 Gen 4 AI processor or the Alpha 7 Gen 4 AI processor. These processors use artificial intelligence to optimize the picture quality for different scenes and content types. They also support various features such as Dolby Vision IQ, Dolby Atmos, HDR10 Pro, HLG Pro, Filmmaker Mode, Game Optimizer, and more .
- Design: LG QNED TVs have a sleek and elegant design that complements any home interior. They have a slim and bezel-less screen that maximizes the viewing area. They also have a thin and lightweight body that can be easily mounted on the wall or placed on a stand.
LG QNED is a new generation of LED TVs that use Mini-LED technology to achieve superior picture quality and performance. LG QNED TVs combine quantum dot, NanoCell, and emitting diode technologies to create a TV experience that is immersive and realistic. If you are looking for a TV that can deliver a premium experience at an affordable price, you should consider LG QNED TVs. You can browse LG’s website or visit your nearest retailer to find out more about LG QNED TVs.